Monday, November 09, 2009

A Day with Ramsay - A short Story

I am in a Hostel and people call me Taken. My real name is only known to a few people and of course  you have no chance of finding it.

With a popular name like Taken - People usually ask me, " Hey are you taken for granted? or you taken as in sold out."

But I am used to it and I love the fact that I have such a weird name. But the other day I met a person who just  blew my mind. His name was Ramsay Shastri and he had a comical face.

Obviously people asked him if he was related to Ramsay brother's who had single handedly produced all the popular horror films films in Bollywood till recently. But he said he wasn't and that solved that.

Ramsay was a keen observer, he was knowledgeable and he worked hard. He seemed to have had an opportunity to meet various interesting people. He had met Osho had had spent three years with him. He had worked as an intern with Kalpana Chawla for five months in Nasa and he had also worked under Mother Teresa and her sisters of charity.

He told me this and I believed him.

That evening I joined him and his girlfriend at a local pizza place and we chatted. He told me about the time when he was a part of back up staff of Indian Cricket Team and also about the time when he  had organized the opening ceremony of the 1982 Asian games. I listened to him,nodded  and simply ate my pizza." Hy mm cheese was the best thing invented after chocolate",  while I was thinking this, Ramsay's girlfriend asked loudly," Jannu (Darling) have you told him of the time you managed the Queen's office for one month".

"Oh yes, Taken listen to this..."

"Bull shit" I said how can you expect me to believe all this crap. I said this and got up from my chair to leave.
The girlfriend said, "If Ram_says so I believe him".

"I DON'T" I yelled.

Look at this the girlfriend said and out came a picture with Queen, Royal family and Ramsay standing together in a group picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the point is Taken... he he