Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pune Watch - What I did not know last night

It is amazing to soak so much of the city in one single night. I speak as though I am a sponge but the experience last night was nothing short of it.


What I did not know last night was how it would unfold. 

We began in the second half of the night with finding each other, queuing up in crowds of thousands to see the glimpse of the murtis and the decorations of various Ganpati mandals . 

There were lathis used by police to control the people. And there were rivers of people flowing from one end of the street to the other. The crowds had filled streets right out of laxmi road and we floated from Shanivar peth, crossed linked across Shanivarwada, and finally reached our first intended place.  

 In all this me and my friends were finding out ways to not only transport ourselves in this  river of people but were also shopping, clicking pictures, understanding the history and the stories behind each place, eating some Prasad and finding  new areas, understanding the good and bad of the city and also appreciating some of the finest art and design display we could not even imagine on display.

Also visible was branding, marketing and social interactive communication by some corporates and enthusiast mandals. Like the play by a particular mandal about the need of re-establishing the sanity between the teacher- student bond and so on...



Like I said before - What I did not know last night was how it would unfold. 

To be fair I still dont know for sure. 

But one thing I am clear is that ...It was an humbling experience in the way society celebrates the vibrance, the social dialogue, connections and faith at the same time. 

No comments: