Monday, October 10, 2011

Pune Watch - see me now and now you dont

What happens to a dream deferred ?

For some reason this Langston Hughes line keeps coming to my mind regularly and though it means something very thoughtful and deep, I tend to use it very shallowly on most occasions - occasions such as today.

Why do I say a dream deferred?

1. Today I was in Pune and yet not quite in Pune.

2. I did speak with most of the people I wanted to speak and yet I felt that there was so much that went unspoken.

In-fact for the first time I was bound by time and its measures.

3. For today I saw many sites, acad block, the audi the canteen the library and they did not make me nostalgic,  in fact they seemed ghostly, as in distant memories from my past. And I realized that on the personal level these places do matter to me but the people matter more.

4. I did not even enjoy the cola cola can from the canteen.

Having said so I did like coming in the campus. I liked the green canopy which welcomes as we climb up the hill. I liked the new sign boards and the gates. Also I liked the fact that i got to see and meet a few people I like.

The city of Pune which I was in briefly didnt seem to notice that I was there. Oh wait or was it the other way around!

By Ninad Tatke.  

No comments: