Thursday, November 08, 2012

Its not what you sold, its how you sold it.

Recently I forgot a birthday of a friend who is a girl.

 She was terribly pissed of the fact that I did not call her and the no matter what I explained to her, my explanation did not matter. 

This bought me to the point that wishing one for the birthday is not a mere wish its deeply symbolic. Its a gesture of affection and relation which  I always knew but never realized. 





 This got me thinking that as a man and more so as a marketing professional, there must be so many instances where I have failed to understand women.
 So a simple rule list to connect with  the ladies. 





  1. Relate to their needs. Observe and talk to them.
  2.  Whether it is appreciation or criticism be polite and humble in your approach. This is not to show a Edwardian era chivalry but to make them comfortable. 
  3. If and when possible create a peer to peer contact. 
  4. In case of a personal one to one contact, maintain a good eye contact. Your expressions and reactions can help you sell or stop your sell.
  5.  Don't sell a mis fit product.
  6. Don't stereotype, when you customize.

Your thoughts on the same.

Images are just for representation.

No comments: