Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A story of sweet coffee - A short story

She asked me for a coffee and that instant my heartbeat skipped a beat. Was she asking me for a coffee or was it more. Her fingers playfully went near her loose hair and then she tossed them behind her ear. Her ear was pierced with a green stone ring. I don't know how they do it, girls I mean... they Pierce their ears, wax their legs, it was seems so painful to me.

So Coffee it was. Hot steaming brew which smelled like heaven even for not a coffee lover like me. then suddenly as if pre-planned it rained. One umbrella, two people. Just me and her with the rain. Her shoulder next to mine. Her every step was measured and so was mine. It was like dancing but only this was with out any music. The rain did provide the rhythm though. She took something from her pocket. "Here have this". And the coffee sachet was given to me.
"Whats this for"
"To remember the coffee and the walk" her eyes blinked as she said this, and I just pocketed the coffee sachet.

 The Coffee we drank while walking seemed so great. And then it was over. We both parted and the moment was gone. The taste of coffee still lingered and so did the smell. But was it just the smell of brewing coffee.

By Ninad Tatke

No comments: