Friday, May 04, 2012

Paraputiya. (A food dish)

The girl was Choo Win beng. She was from South Korea and she loved to hang out at the sea shore in the weekends. The Guy was Arvind Joshi. He was working in a multinational private bank. Choo Win Beng was the regional assistance Marketing Manager in the same bank.
She insisted that he come with her to the shore. She was indirectly his boss. So Arvind went.

It was funny. Even though Choo Win Beng spoke perfect English, she sounded Korean, or (Chinese as per the office). Arvind though was a patient man and tried to listen what she had to say.

" sooo telle me, whoo all in your place"

"my parents, sister and me"

"at your place"

" I am Sunate - ah Orphan"

"Oh I am sorry"

"Dont bee"

" So tell me, where do I get a good Dosa outta here"

"We can go to a place"

" you ask me out ?"

"no!"

"I am kidding ..,. Ah ha"

The winds had changed their direction. The days now were much smaller than before and through the passing moments the two bonded frequently. The chill in the wind was not normal even for winter. The sky was dull and grey.

The day soon came when she invited him home.

She made him a Paraputiya. (A food dish)

" Wow, this is fantastic." he said

"I made it... and you know if a Guy  likes what a girl cooks they marry" she responded

"No I wont marry you"

"you wont ! why"

"Cause you are ugly "



"I am UGLY !!"

"Yep."

"Who are you to call me ugly"

In tone of Yoda _ (star wars) " Angry you have become"

"So now you mock me"

" No I dont"


But that was it. An emotional deposit had been broken and just as strangely it had started, it now had ended.

Just as Paraputiya appeared hot, it turned stone cold.



No comments: