Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pune Watch - Friends Unlimited

Time is almost as fickle as mind. Lately it seems more so. I intend to capture some of the experiences I had in the last two years and some beyond that. This is part 4. Part 1 was about FC Road and JM road. Part II was about Old Pune. Part III was about emerging Pune.

So what do I love about Pune. Strangely I do love this city even when I am alone. But I love my friends and I had some amazing moments with them.


These lines are from one poem I wrote on friendship
"Like soft sheets of paper glued together
We became hard as a cardboard
This cardboard of friendship
so soft, so brittle and yet so hard

We were individuals and yet we were one
Helping each other (papers) in life's battle Scars.
Sharing moments with lighter hearts."

So for me Pune was a city which felt good because of people. I met strangers too during my journey in Pune and the kind of responses I got from them were admirable. Its a matter of choice on how you look at things and all things said and done the experiences were good.

From hopping buses at a whim, to watching back to back movies, to suddenly changing directions to go and do new things and to search for a friend in a crowd with no mobile (similar to finding a needle in a hay stack) and buying certain (crazy)  things which made people think that we had lost our minds.
What we did lose though was our inhibitions and our doubts.

I don't know anything else but as I sign off on the topic of Pune - I would say I liked the last two years. Liked them with the friends I made for better or for worse .

By Ninad Tatke




1 comment:

Grashima said...

Reading this I feel I have so little time left in pune , even one year left is not enough ...... the city has always had surprises for everyone I have ever met here .
Good Luck for ur future ...